The countdown to France is on! T-minus 35 days. This past weekend was our pre-orientation meeting where we got to meet the other students who we are going abroad with. It's a small group of 7 from NU and almost all girls! (There's only one guy.) I find that to be an interesting dynamic and am looking forward to seeing how things turn out. I'm sure there will be other guys from the other partner universities so hopefully J doesn't get overwhelmed by all the estrogen.
It's finally starting to feel like a reality. Actually, not as much as I thought. I don't think it will hit me until I get there and I'm standing on the cobblestones of Lyon. There's just more to think about now and things to actually do to prepare. Eventually, I'll have to start packing. I'm relieved that linens and housewares are provided. Even though we're allowed, I don't think I want to take two suitcases with me. I don't like lugging things around when I travel so I'm going to aim for only one to check in and one to carry on!
I'm not so concerned about where I want to travel yet. I will probably figure it out while I'm there and it's more fun when it's spontaneous anyway. I think my top priority at the moment is spending time with everyone before I leave and having fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment