Sunday, February 10, 2008

Making Friends

I find that things have changed a bit since we first started our lives in France. Since we came back from Barcelona, it seems that many of us have more interest in speaking French more often and spending more time with the French students at CEFAM. I am really enjoying that. At first it was quite intimidating making friends with the French because of course they speak it a majority of the time. But class actually helps and the French students are so sincere. Many of them will be coming to the States to study as well so it will be really great to see them again. I must admit that I have become a NU spokesperson trying to persuade all the kids to go there. Also, it probably makes them feel more secure knowing that there will be a familiar face when they go abroad.

I really look forward to going to school just to see them. I can't say the same for the learning part though. It's very interesting talking to them because you are always learning something new and it is truly refreshing. Now that I can recognize faces and I remember names, it is a lot easier. I'm really hoping that we can get to hang out outside of school, maybe even travel. Just to mix things up. I think it would be oodles of fun! Maybe I'll even look into planning something fun for my favorite French people... :)

This weekend we spent a lot of time not just with each other which is very normal... but with our new French friends and it was so much fun! It definitely makes for more interesting events and conversation but I love all of it. I have to really agree with roomie when she brought up the fact that we really want to use our weekends to travel but the more we get to know and like these people... the more we want to stay and spend as much time with them as we can before we leave our beautiful Lyon. Time is proving that having to leave all this behind will be difficult for all of us... heartbreaking, for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is very touchy! I wish that CEFAM had introduced you guys to us before! The important thing is that you have a blast of a semester :)
If I can do anything to help let me know ;)