It's 3am and I'm not sleeping. I didn't think I would get jetlagged because I figured it's only a 6 hour difference and I'm used to staying up late. It's a little hard to sleep because it is SO cold here and I am used to having someone to keep me warm. I have been back in the States for just over a day and... well, I don't know what to think. Everyone has been saying welcome back and I'm definitely feeling the love. I'm happy and can't wait to see a lot of people I have missed.
I've also been getting a lot of "How does it feel to be back? Is it weird?" It's not really weird. I've never been so excited to see Jersey. On the plane, looking down, the Garden State is so green! It is just covered with trees and I couldn't help but stare down and smile at everything. When we pulled up into our driveway, I felt like I never left. Of course, I'm so used to the house I've been living in for 20 years. But being in this house, still makes me feel the same way it always has. When I'm home, it's the one place I feel like doing absolutely nothing.
My first day back, I didn't unpack or do laundry like I was planning on since I was on the plane. I sat around and felt miserable being so cold and losing the internet and eventually the tv too. I made a whole list of things to do and I've been looking forward to these things for the longest time, yet I have no motivation at all. Well, at least tomorrow I've made plans to see my girlfriends. Hopefully things will get better... And please, let it get warmer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment