Friday, March 12, 2010

Different

I've been in San Francisco for 5 days now and I can't really think of anything to blog. My move here has been quite smooth and I feel at ease in my new home. It's not awkward at all and I can definitely get used to this. If I had to say anything, I would say that SF is different. The people carry themselves with a different air. The neighborhoods I've walked around are a little rougher around the edges than I imagined. It's funny that when you are immersed in different surroundings you realize how much your roots have shaped you and your expectations.

I think what I really need to work on is making this life what I wanted. I want a life of simplicity, well-being, sunshine... a vibrant life. I don't mean vibrant in the sense that I want to be going out all the time, spending a lot, or that I want a life filled with events and drama. I mean that I want a life that is fulfilling and a life that allows me to find joy in the small things. I know that sounds cheesy, but honestly, I would love to spend more time being outdoors, eating healthier, learning to cook, taking a pilates class, decorating my home, being more creative, reinventing myself...

I'm excited.