Since I've made the move out here, I've given a whole lot of thought to what I plan to do with my time here. I dream up business plans on my walks downtown and on the bus rides homes. As friends and family ask if I have made a home here forever or whether I plan to ever move back home I can't help but wonder how long I my stay in SF will be. I've done my share of apartment hunting and exploring different neighborhoods. I attempt to wait patiently but consciously prepare myself for the decisions I will have to make soon enough.
I must admit it is terribly difficult trying to weigh ALL of the pros and cons for every choice so I'm glad I'm not exactly pressured to do so at the moment. But all day long, my head thinks should I move across the Bay where there are more spacious affordable apartments? Or just save myself the trouble of having to pay for the expensive Bart and Bay Bridge tolls. Would it be better to get a car out here or to move into a new place first? I know with city living you don't really need one but then again I don't live in the part of town where it's necessarily 'convenient'. So do I go with a pricier, smaller apartment where I can be a city dweller and walk wherever my mood fancies. Or would I prefer a life outside the bustling metropolitan where I can live simply in a quieter neighborhood with hopefully much more comfortable amenities, perhaps one that would even allow me to have a puppy someday.
I guess I'm just hoping things will fall into place and the choices will be clear to me as the time comes. I really shouldn't be so concerned with it right now as I always tell myself. I should be more worried about the interview I have tomorrow. Funny how I always start thinking of the 'well, if I get this job...' sorts of things rather than focusing on getting the job first. Oh how the dreamer in me never seems to tire.
Do I seem like the type to love em & leave em? - Sean Kingston & Justin Bieber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw no worries, Sarah - everything will work out! Just stay positive and receptive to all opportunities.
Best of luck on your interview!
Sarah! So glad I found your blog through Facebook. Christina had joked with me saying I should create one to keep everyone updated while I'm in Texas but I'm not much of a writer. I hope everything is getting easier in San Francisco! Once I start making some money, I definitely want to plan a trip out there. I have a friend from high school who went to Stanford and has stayed on the west coast ever since. Take care of yourself okay? And keep us updated on life on the west coast! :) -DL
Post a Comment