Sunday, May 31, 2009

Inspired

"I never completely forget myself except when I am writing and
I am never more completely myself than when I am writing."
-- Flannery O'Connor

While searching for a new planner, I came upon this quote on the Moleskine site. Now more than ever, I want to blog and write. Getting into editorial isn't so simple though. It may have to take an unpaid internship for a few months to get me in the door. I never did well in English courses as a student nor do I have any real experience writing. But here's to hoping that I'll find my way into all of that.

I know I've done a poor job posting on my different blogs these days. But lately, I've been doing a lot of traveling and personal reflection so that's all that is on my mind. Half the time I don't even get everything out the way I want to. For my Love Aujourd'hui blog, I'll have to invest a little more energy to plan out some inspiring content for this summer.

I don't like to speak or even write about this subject. But I was kind of dreading searching for a job now that I'm back from my Asia travels. I feel like it's bad luck to talk about these kinds of things with just anyone but you guys on my blog aren't really just anyone. So, for the few days that I've been back, I've only really applied to maybe a job a day. It's difficult to find something of interest to me. I know I shouldn't be picky in times like this but I don't want to be stuck in a job doing something I hate. But as I updated my resume with my graduation information on Monster, it wasn't long before I had an employer call me. One who I didn't apply to myself but one with a position similar to my 2nd co-op but a little more than that. This happened the first time I posted my resume online too but that never really worked out. Nonetheless, I have an interview for Wednesday. Time to dig out the professional garb.

This wasn't the job I was looking for. Nor is it where I want to be working, in New York City. But I think right now, I can't really complain. Some people don't even get calls. It would be quite awesome if I could tell the world that I found a job after less than a month of searching post-graduation. And while this isn't what I want to do, I can't tell you that I'd be able to sustain myself over a summer sans a job. I also don't see how I will manage to save up to move out West if I don't take a job now. It's too soon to say whether or not this employer will even want me but I just want to know that if I think it's right, that I should be trying my best when I do go out on this interview. I think that is the hardest part. Will I have the heart to do something I wasn't planning on doing... I've done it before. I just don't know if this is the time to be thinking that way.

It's all I've been thinking about these days. I'm kind of relieved to get that off my chest. Anyway, wish me luck please!

2 comments:

Justin said...

good luck!! I think you should give it everything you've got. See what happens and you can decide if you still want the job after you get it right? Good luck at your interview!!

spenoh said...

What happened to moving?!